Sunday, March 24, 2013

More Signs of Spring

This week's offering is limited. Not sure if it means I'm busy at the office or what. But this week being Jan's birthday, I did spend a lot of time on yard projects without the camera!
Enjoy a few more signs of Spring.

 Figured it was time to hang a more decorative hummingbird feeder, and found this bargain. The hummers have been slow to come to it, but this Black-chinned fellow was checking it out today.

 I have heard that the more feeders you put out, the more hummingbirds you will have. We'll see!

I was running the sprinkler on the lantana, and saw the hummingbird flying around. Then I caught this action. First time I have ever seen a hummingbird sit down on the ground. He treated it like a bird bath.

First visitor at the office deck. The Black-chinned will show us a little of his purple.

 A large snake coming through the trees is usually not a welcome sight, but this is a Rat Snake, and he'll help keep mice away from the office.

SSSSSSSSSSSS!

 This blustery Sunday morning the Carolina Wren were all over the porch checking out the church house for nesting. The male was singing his territorial song, loud and clear.

I told Jan he was singing happy birthday for her!




No comments: