Friday, March 30, 2012

Out Like a Lamb

Our Spring has been glorious, and March is leaving like a lamb. The ducks are gone, replaced by the hummingbirds. We have a few flower pics to share this time, and one of my favorite birds in the bluebonnets. Enjoy.

Here is the Silver-crested Purple Sylvia! The setting is the field by our house, with the best showing of bluebonnets we've had in the 17 springs we've owned this land. Mom, I think your outfit looks really purple in this photo!

These days I camp out on the porch in the late afternoons hoping to get a shot of the hummers.

The sun was far enough down to flip up the flash. This is a male Black-chinned.

This shot is at the office. Plenty of activity.

The Lady Banks Rose didn't put on a big show this year, but what she shows is appreciated.

The bluebonnets are increasing every day. I took the opportunity one morning to get this shot of our field.

Winkley's had this 'Knockout Rose' bush, and I couldn't resist it, as I needed to replace the one that succumbed to the drought. Impressive so far.

At the office, juvenile male and female Redwinged Blackbirds enjoying a sip.

Plentiful at the office, absent at the house. The male Lesser Goldfinch.

As you can see, the finches love the thistle feeders at the office.

The House Finch giving me an attitude at the office thistle feeder.

Peek-a-boo!

Male House Finch.

The Cardinal should have known better than to mess with a feeder designed for smaller birds! The House Finch is letting him know; Not Welcome!

I don't care, I'll just bend a little lower to get somethin' to eat.


At the house, I've nicknamed this one 'Scarface'. He hangs out at the Banks rose. April always holds promise for the birds passing through on their way to the Summer home. Stay tuned!

No comments: