Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Last of Spring

We enjoyed an amazing spring for Central Texas, full of moderate temps and enough rain to keep things interesting. Enjoy my June collection of photos!

 Always fun to catch a hummingbird in flight, this female Black-chinned at the porch feeder.

This young fox caught me by surprise, though we had seen it at the neighbors one day recently. I was down by the pond, and I think we startled each other.

 Two and a half months in, and the garden was producing crook neck and zucchini. Now we're giving away tomatoes as fast as we can.

 The sulfur butterfly in the veggie garden.

 Caught him in flight.

 As I caught this Cardinal on the wing.

Lined up with his clay brothers.

 Leaving the office one afternoon, and I heard the White-eyed Vireo close by. I decided to wait with camera ready, and he was obliging.

Not only obliging, but commenced to chattering at me as a Wren would. This lasted for minutes, and when he was done, it was on to business.

Two Painted Buntings, most likely both female.

And no doubt that this is a male Painted Bunting. One might even say mature male, though that label is always questioned by some!

A scruffy looking Carolina Wren off the office deck.

Love our Black-crested Texas Titmouse(s)!

 My version of Birds and Blooms. We work to provide our birds with a nice floral backdrop! Glory!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the birds, but super in love with the garden ~ so pretty!
Tommy and Robin