Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ruby Red Photo Shoot

Can't get enough of the Ruby-throated Hummingbird! They are not long for this area, as September 21st is fast approaching. The activity around the feeders is up a notch, so I grabbed the opportunity for this Ruby red photo shoot. Enjoy this week's offering.

 Diligently standing guard among the live oak branches and the oak gall (not berries, but something a small wasp does, I don't really get what it is!).

 Then he just takes off, and I get one of those lucky action shots.

 My attention is diverted to the furry-tailed tree rat, stealing sunflower seeds.

 And tipping the leaf at the bird bath for a drink.



 A slow turn, and what looks like a slow burn!

If another handsome candidate is nearby, he won't escape the photographer's lens.

 Just read an article that these guys weigh in at 3 grams! And fly over the Gulf of Mexico with no available rest stops! I wonder if they weigh 2 grams when they get there.

 I'm focusing through the wire fencing here, so you can see the lines. Another lucky shot.


We'll miss you for the winter. Have a nice holiday in the tropics!

No comments: